Did you know many Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles do not have dipsticks for checking engine oil levels?
Jaguar Land Rover recommends checking the engine oil weekly and never allowing the oil level to fall far below the lower mark on the oil level indicator. This is especially important if a customer plans to use the vehicle for performance driving. When handing over an F-TYPE or an SVR model the oil level check procedure should be pointed out. We don’t want our customers to feel like a “dipstick” when they can’t find one under the hood.
Before checking the engine oil level, owners should make sure that:
1. The vehicle is stationary and the Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
2. The vehicle is on level ground.
3. The engine oil has reached its normal working temperature (oil is hot).
4. The engine has been switched off for 10 minutes, for the oil level to stabilize.
The oil level can be checked as follows:
1. Switch on the ignition (do not start the engine)
2. Select Oil Level from the Vehicle Information menu
An indication of the oil level will be displayed and messages to the right of the indicator will advise of any action that may need to be taken.
Info on Jaguar and Land Rover websites